Monday, July 15, 2013

Masked guardian donkey


I've run one or two photos of this donkey on previous occasions but I always had the opportunity to look it square in the eye when capturing its portrait.   This past Sunday, while driving about King Township on the Nobleton-King City Garden Tour, I came across this diligent donkey, doing its duty, once more, on its 15th Sideroad farm.   This time however, it seemed to be in disguise.   While I could not look it in the eye, it certainly could see me.   It came to the fence on the roadside  to check me out, gave a sniff and a snort, and turned its back on me to return to its babysitting duties.   Masks to protect horses eyes from flies and other insects are routine garb around these parts, but this is the first time I have seen one on a donkey.   And those ear-protectors are just too cool.    
Photos by Barry Wallace
Please comment if you wish.
Barry Wallace

1 comment: