Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Deer in the Kettleby Flats

Photo by Barry Wallace
As I wander up and down Keele Street, along the east side of Kettleby, I always cast a glance down into what I call the 'Kettleby Flats" to see what critters might be around and about.   This past Sunday it was seven White-tailed Deer, leisurely feeding on leftovers in a harvested field.   I have seen deer, coyotes, and wild turkeys here on several occasions.   The 'Flats' are a broad, low valley of agricultural fields and some wooded areas that lie on the east side of Keele Street between the the 18th Sideroad (the Lloydtown-Aurora Road), to the south, and the Kettleby Road, to the north.   It is an expansive and quite pleasant view that I never fail to enjoy, whatever the season.
Please comment if you wish.
Barry Wallace   

No comments:

Post a Comment