Saturday, July 11, 2015

Shiny fire trucks often give me a pang of guilt

 Photos by Barry Wallace


Whenever I drive by the firehalls in King Township and see the trucks out front gleaming in the sunlight, I always have a twinge of guilt because my fire-engine-red Jeep Liberty never seems to be as clean as the big red beauties often on display for the township's residents (and taxpayers) to admire as they drive by the stations.   My home is only 3 or four blocks away from the King City station, which I must pass three or four times a day.   Whenever I get home, I look at my 13-year-old Jeep and think, yeah, I should probably get it washed.   Whenever I get it washed however, I always think it  pales in comparison to the shiny, scarlet behemoths, pictured above.
Please comment if you wish.
Barry Wallace

No comments:

Post a Comment