Friday, March 4, 2016

Who is J. or V Chen?

I was stunned this past week to receive as a gift the oil painting you see at the left.   A gentlemen and a child showed up at the door and dropped off this painting which he said was painted by his wife.   The painting is an oil rendition of a photograph I took of myself a couple of months ago when I stopped writing my long-time Barry the Birder blogsite.   The signature on the painting appears to be either 'V' or 'J Chen'.   The timing of the painting's arrival was just after I had returned from quintupal bypass surgery at Southlake Hospital in Newmarket.   I was flabbergasted with the gift.   It appeared out of the blue from an unknown (to me) artist.   A week later I am still humbled and delighted with this gift.   I shall continue to discover who the mystery painter is and would love to hear from anyone who knows of the artist Chen.

Please comment if you wish.
Barry Wallace

3 comments:

  1. What a wonderful surprise. Nice painting. What a nice photo you have posted here - you posing next to it. Maybe the artist is from King as they even knew where you live.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Barry I'm glad you like the painting. We live close by and enjoy reading your blogs everyday. Hope you get well soon! - JC

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete