Sunday, April 2, 2017

New King City LCBO store opens


Photos by Barry Wallace
THE PLACE WAS PACKED!
The LCBO opened its new store in King City on Friday, March 31, in the Kings Ridge Marketplace.   Hundreds of people, including many folks from the Liquor Board of Ontario, numerous suppliers of wines and spirits, local politicians and curious customers, as well as onlookers, were in attendance.   Pictured below are Mayor Steve Pellegrini (right) and Councillor Cleve Mortellitti (left) who were on hand for the opening ceremonies.   
Councillor Debbie Schaeffer was also on hand and made a Vintages Section recommendation to me about the 2015 G. Marquis hand-harvested Pinot Noir, a VQA wine from Niagara-on-the-lake.   It  was a $19.95 wine marked down to $17.95, so I bought a bottle.   Linda and I normally drink reds and whites around the $12.95 mark.   I will spend more if the wines are highly recommended by the wine writers, or people who I think know what they're talking about.
The new King City store is not really a big store, about the half the size of the one in Oak Ridges, but its Vintages section was bigger than I was expecting.   There's also a beer room, with lots of imports, as well as a large, cooled beer station.



This is Cinti, a King City LCBO Customer Service Representative who cashed me out opening day with a bottle of Dandelion Vineyards 100-year-old vines 2014 Australian Shiraz.   Shiraz is my favourite 'big' red.   I can't wait to try this one.   Friday evening though, the plan was to try the G. Marquis Pinot Noir, mentioned above.   Councillor Cleve says Councillor Debbie: "...really knows her wines".   We shall see. 


Please comment if you wish.
Barry Wallace

No comments:

Post a Comment