Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Vic Priestly's 57-year-old pickup...

Photo by Barry Wallace
1960 Chevy pickup for sale in King City
This attractive oldtimer is for sale at the new car spa, which has replaced Ken McQuarrie's Clearview Motors business, on Keele Street South in King City.   The name, on the side of what I'm guessing is a 1960 Chevrolet Apache 10 Stepside is 'Vic Priestly Aurora, Ontario'   The name caught my eye because Vic Priestly and I go way back to the early 1960s.   Vic was selling and servicing snowmobiles on Yonge Street in Aurora, with his brother Dave, and I was a young Aurora Banner newspaper advertising salesman putting Vic's snowmobile ads into the 'Banner'.   Where the heck did the time go, Vic?
Barry Wallace
Please comment if you wish. 
Barry Wallace

1 comment:

  1. A very nice looking truck. A newspaper advertising salesman, unheard of nowadays. I remember my parents having fresh ground coffee delivered to the house by a salesman.

    Oh and Barry you are dating yourself!

    ReplyDelete